Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Full Band Rehearsal....


We had out first full band rehearsal last night for the July 4th benefit show in Grand Bend July 4th.


I was very happy with how well it went considering I am breaking in a new guitar player [Chris Armstrong] and using a fill in drummer [Chris Spiers - Brother My Enemy].

It was cool to see Chris Spiers play music that was some what out of his element as BME's music is quite a bit heavier than my tunes. Chris did a GREAT job and add his own
chops to some of the songs which was refreshing.


It's always nice to play with guys that have a professional attitude and can come in an do a gig with only a week or so notice.

Chris Armstrong is also adding his unique chops to my songs. His Van Halen style guitar playing fit right in to my style of music so it is no surprised that Chris found his pocket very quickly within my band.

Being a bit of a worry wart myself it was big relief to finally get together with all of the guys and hammer out the tunes...my mind is at ease now about playing the show on the 4th.

Actually I am really looking forward to it....this version of the live band is really gonna smoke!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: