Tuesday, June 16, 2009


Hey my friends...just wanna update you on what's been going on with The Chip Gall Band and the recording of my new CD "BELIEVE"...the last few months have been hectic for a very unfortunate reason...

As most of you know on April 8th, 2009, 8 year old Victoria "Tori" Stafford from my home town of Woodstock was abducted and ultimately murdered on her way home from school. Since that day I have been involved in many of the vigils' and other activities to help bring Victoria home. My involvement started by my personal dedication of my song "COME HOME" [a very personal song for me] to Victoria's safe return. The organizers of the first candle light vigil heard the song and asked if I would perform it at the vigil which I was happy to do.

Performing at the vigil itself was the absolute highlight of my musical career. I have never been moved so much by an event and the heart felt love from the thousands of citizen's of Woodstock who attended the vigil in support of the families. Local radio station 104.7 Heart FM hosted the event and asked if they could play my song COME HOME on their station. I agreed as long as it was dedicated to Tori's safe return. The song became their most requested song over the weeks that it was played and in some way seemed to bring some comfort to the community. I also did an interview at the station talking about my musical career and the how the back ground of the song COME HOME...

To date Tori has never been found and 1st degree murder charges have been laid against two individuals from our own community. The families and the community is torn apart by the tragedy and I have been personally scared such a senseless loss on innocence. I continue to pledge my support to the families and the community in any way I can. The goal now is to bring Tori home to her family and ensure the two people responsible for this pay the appropriate price.

Needless to say I have not been able to get too much recording done over the last few months setting my release schedule back... However, I have been inspired by my brief involvement in Tori's life and I am dedicating my next CD "BELIEVE" to Tori's memory. Two songs on the CD "Final Last Good-bye" & "One More Lonely Day" will be dedicated individually to both Rodney Stafford and Tara McDonald [Tori's parents].

On to the "Live " band business....I have added Chris Armstrong [13 Aces] to The Chip Gall Band line up. Chris is great talent and will be taking over most of my "live" guitar chores, freeing me up to concentrate on singing and putting on a show for you wicked rock fans! I'm really excited to have Chris in the line up as he is a great guy and will help take the band to a higher performance level. I will still strap on the old "Wolfgang" for a couple of tunes and be playing some acoustic guitar as well...so I ain't hangin' up the axe just yet!

Other projects I am working on..I am also still planning on releasing an acoustic version of Me, Myself & You! entitled "Chip Gall - Stripped"...and hope to have that completed in the next few months. I also intend on starting a [better late than never...lol] Chip Gall - News Letter and also hope to have that up and running in the next few months.

Busy days ahead...thanks for your ongoing support and I look foreword to seeing you all soon!

CG

No comments: