Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shows this weekend and beyond....


Beautiful summer day here in Woodstock Ontario Canada...

Can't give you too much detail about the show this Saturday June 27 except it is a b-day party at The Moose Hall in Woodstock Ontario. I am playing an acoustic set to open the show and The Ugly Step Sisters will be belting out all your fav cover tunes. The Step Sisters consist of Rick Mead from Syre, Chris Caron - Syre and my drummer Rob MacEachern - Helix & The Chip Gall Band. There will also be a "surprise" jam ...all I can say is don't miss it. Doors are at 8pm and the "mystery" guest of honor is arriving at 8:30pm.

On Saturday June 28th I will be performing an acoustic set at a BBQ for my day gig Vuteq Canada. They are holding an open house for friends and family members to come and see what we do all day. lol
Lots of stuff for the kiddies at this one so it should be a real fun day....p.s. I hear some of the bosses are getting dunked in the dunk tank so I am lining up for that one!! lol

Rehearsals for the upcoming July 4th show in Grand Bend Ontario are going well considering I am breaking in our new guitar player Chris Armstrong and working with a fill in drummer Chris Spiers from indie sensations Brother My Enemy. As much as I love playing guitar it will be nice not to have to try to play and sing through and entire show...lol Chris is doing a wicked job on the tunes and adding in his own Van Halen'esque fills....it is really adding some additional excitement to the live show. His guitar sound is killer!

I'm really looking forward to playing with Chris Spiers....I have witnessed his awesome power with BME and it will be the first time my tunes have been played live by a drummer other than Rob MacEachern [Rob double booked the gig by mistake...thus the need to a replacement drummer for the show]. Chris is learning the songs at a frantic pase and will only have two full band rehearsals beforte the show...hey that's what make rockin roll so exciting!

That's all for now peeps.

Chip

No comments: